A major concern for landlords and rental agents is the suitability of a prospective tenant.
- Will they be good tenants?
- Will they pay the rent on time?
- Will they pay the utility bills?
- Will they pay the council tax?
- Will they look after the property?
- Will they have many guests to stay?
- Will they sub-let the property?
- Will they hold late night parties and disturb the neighbours?
- Will they do illegal activities?
Our service committment
Supporting your own prospective tenant checks, Cohen and Black offers the following document checks:
- Obtain / check reference from employer
- Obtain / check two payslips (latest) and P60 (latest)
- Obtain / check bank reference and two recent bank statements
- Obtain / check reference from previous landlord
- Obtain / check proof of ID
- Obtain / check proof of residence
- Obtain / check proof of parents guarantee for students
Our service offers the following additional checks:
- Bankruptcy check
- County Court Judgement (CCJ) check
- Credit history check
- Previous addresses check
- Previous employment check
- Electoral roll check
- Tenants at the previous address check
Cohen and Black provide a service tailored to your particular requirements so you pay only for the checks you require.
Informing the tenant
Tenant reference checks do not generally require the consent of an applicant.
However, it is suggested that landlords inform tenants that checks on references and background will be undertaken.
More comprehensive background checks / credit checks will normally require the written consent of the applicant.
Where we work
Cohen and Black is based and works in the Yorkshire triangle of York, Leeds and Sheffield and surrounding area of Northern England.
- York region
- Sheffield region
- Leeds region
- 01904 236 332
- 03330 145 672
- 03330 145 672