RTA Locus Report
York, Leeds, Sheffield
A Locus in quo Report, often shortened to Locus Report, provides a view of a scene by sketch, photo and description.
Our service committment
The Locus Report service:
- Please telephone or email us with your instructions so that we can confirm our availability.
- Your instructions are confirmed by email.
- When required we contact your client to arrange the time for the site visit so that they can be in attendance to advise on the position of vehicles and the order of events.
- When appropriate we attend the location at the same time and day of the week the accident occured so that the traffic volume can be noted.
- A sketch of the scene is taken showing location, street furniture, measurements and any relevant details.
- An accident check list is completed covering speed limits, road markings and background information about the location.
- Digital photographs are taken. Video will also be taken when it aids the understanding of the incident.
- Three location sketches are prepared showing:
- Site layout.
- Photograph positions.
- The Locus Report is prepared.
- The report and photographs are returned by post to you. When required it can also be sent to you by email.
Locus Report types
Although Locus Reports are most often provided for road traffic accidents (RTA) they can also be provided for the location of any incident, such as an accident at work and a trip or fall in a public place.
In conjunction with the Locus Report we can take witness statements from your client and from third party witnesses.
Where we work
Cohen and Black is based and works in the Yorkshire triangle of York, Leeds and Sheffield and surrounding area of Northern England.
- York region
- Sheffield region
- Leeds region
- 01904 236 332
- 03330 145 672
- 03330 145 672